Badminton is one of the many household names that we have today. It is a racket-based sport that involves two players on each side of the court, trying to hit back the shuttlecock in a way that the opponent is unable to hit and loses a point. It is also one of the fastest sports played with rackets. So, what’s the catch about this sport? why is it so popular around the world?
Badminton attracts people not only because of an easier approach towards mastering it but for the fact that it provides people with an opportunity to have a full-body workout that can burn up to a 1000 calories per hour! On average, a player runs about 6.4 km (4 miles) while playing a game of Badminton. So, the numbers do add up.
Of course, certain factors differentiate the performance of different players. This might include parameters such as agility, stamina, coordination and flexibility amongst others. Even so, it is one of the only sports that can be played irrespective of age and fitness levels.
There is no strict requirement to learn this sport. Hence, people who do not know how to play can still learn and quickly progress. Another important aspect related to Badminton is that you don’t need to have some high-class machinery to play. Only minimal equipment is required to get started. Lastly, it provides you with an opportunity to socialize and meet new people. So, it can also be considered as a social sport.
What All Do You Need?
It shouldn’t be surprising for people to see footwear on this list. You must have noticed while playing a game of Badminton or noticed it while watching a match; how the players mover around in the court. They change positions constantly and have to maintain excellent coordination swiftly. These factors prove to be vital for winning at any given point in time.
In order to keep everything under control and support such swift movements while playing, a pair of appropriate footwear becomes an important parameter to consider when planning out your game.
Shoes designed for Badminton are made for this purpose. They have thin soles that allow the player to have close contact with the court floor and to have support laterally. So, this allows the player to make a swift movement that would no longer result in any injury.
The second most important item (if that is even possible) after your footwear is the kind of racket you are using to play the game. Quite a lot of variety for rackets are available. But one should keep in mind a few things. To begin with, pick a racket that you can afford. This might sound funny but rackets come in a number of prices and they can be as pricey as Rs. 14 thousand! Yes, you read that right! Another factor to consider is choosing the one that suits your style and level of competence. It is usually suggested that for beginners, it’s best to choose a racket that is lightly weighted since it allows you to have more control on your game and it’s easier to play more shots in the court. But if you are already someone who has played it for a long time; you may choose a heavily weighted racket since it allows the bearer to play more power shots in the game.
Rackets usually have the conventional oval frame head but they also come in square-like shape too. These isometric frames provide a considerable surface area to hit the shuttle, hence making it a better option for beginners.
Last, but definitely not the least; are the shuttlecocks. Now having played Badminton for a long time; I can give you a heads-up. If you are one of those people who are just starting out; go for the shuttlecocks made out of nylon and not the feather ones. Let me tell you why. The feather shuttlecocks are first, costlier. Secondly, even though they are considered superior; they don’t last long. So, best to go for an option that won’t make you run for another shuttlecock after every game.
Loving the game already? But don’t know how to start playing? We, at Sports Management Centre, would like to present ourselves for catering to your needs. We provide a place for children to learn sports that they like and are interested in. We have specially designed infrastructures for every sport that’s on our list and give children the environment required to learn the sport in the most effective way. We have a mission to ensure that every child gets to play the game they want to without worrying about their humble backgrounds and we are sure that our efforts would make a huge difference.
Academies in India
Yousufguda location Tarak coach: 9885702314
9246272209 Kishore – sainikpuri, Secunderabad, Garuda Badminton Academy
- Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy – Gachibowli – 040 2300 5369
- Spardha Badminton academy – Shaikpet – 097040 58222 https://oyeplay.com/club/Hyderabad/SPARDHA%20BADMINTON%20ACADEMY
- Chetan Anand Badminton Academy – Madhapur – 098855 33357 -firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.gangesvalleyschool.com/Ganges-Chetan-Anand-Academy
- JSK Badminton Academy – Nizampet – 098480 26676 – email@example.com http://www.jskbadmintonacademy.com/
- Gamepoint – Madhapur -040 3956 5353 – http://www.gamepointindia.com/
- Sai Gopichand National Badminton Academy – Gachibowli – 040 2300 5308
- Fireball Badminton Academy – Mogappair East – Chennai – 098417 37896 firstname.lastname@example.org http://fireballbadmintonacademy.in/
- Tejesh Sports Academy – Puzhuthivakkam – Chennai 098407 98994 http://www.tejeshsportsacademy.com/
- Flyers Badminton Academy – Kannappa nagar – Panchali – 098843 41137 http://www.flyersbadminton.com/
- Smashbounce – Valasaravakkam – Chennai – 098409 93334 http://www.smashbounce.in/
- Jo&Jerry Badminton academy – Vengaivasal – Chennai
- GJ BADMINTON ACADEMY – Kolapakkam – Chennai – 094440 20570
- Mohan’s Badminton Academy – Tiruppur – Tamil Nadu – 098422 47504 http://www.mohansbadmintonacademy.com/
- Drona Badminton Academy – Sundaram Pillai Thottam – Tiruchirappalli 099014 31007 – http://trichysportsclub.com/
- Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy – Salem Salem – Tamil Nadu – 098428 33885 email@example.com http://www.pgbaslm.com/
- Stag Badminton – Maruthi Nagar – Ayappakkam – Chennai – 093810 12553 http://www.stagacademyofbadminton.com/indexmain.htm
- Vivas Badminton Academy – Indira Nagar – 80 9551 4666 – firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Tom’s Badminton Academy – Begur – 9845027878 email@example.com – Thomas Kunnath.
- Skyfinch Badminton Academy – K.R.Puram – 8546884040 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agon Sports – Kothanur – 9035 123 123 – email@example.com .
- Feather Touch Sports Arena – J.P. Nagar – 080-42127332 firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Sanjay School of badminton – Bannerghatta – 9845130895 email@example.com – Sanjay S.N.
- ACTI Sports Arena – Kaggadaspura – 9632388220 – firstname.lastname@example.org -Ravi Reddy.
- Cosmopoliton Club – Jayanagar – 8026630110 – email@example.com -Muthukrishna.
- YMCA Benson – Town – 8023538322 .
- Sniipers Sports Academy – HSR Layout – 9980876677 – firstname.lastname@example.org – Nita.
- Kerala Badminton – 9400940099 – email@example.com.
- TOSS Academy – Trivendrum – 0471-2457788 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Khel sports Academy – Kakkanad – 90940 13772 – email@example.com.
- Cosmos Badminton Academy – Kochi – 094478 74985 .
- KMC Thiruvananthapuram – 9633633455 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Smashers Kottayam – email@example.com.
- Sri Padmanabha – Thiruvananthapuram – 0471-2436982 .
- Fitnessoul Ernakulam – 7356644682 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Basic Badminton centre – Ernakulam – 090742 14273 .
- Smash Badminton Club – Thrippunithura – 099613 01699.
- BPS Sports Club Margao – South Goa – 0832 271 4690 – http://www.bpssportsclub.com/
- Badminton Court Guirim – Goa .
- Vidya Vikas Academy – G.R. Kare Road – Comba – Margao – 0832 270 6794 email@example.com http://vidyavikasacademy.edu.in/
- Don Bosco Oratory – Panaji – Goa – firstname.lastname@example.org http://donboscooratory.com/
- YEN BADMINTON ACADEMY – Thane – 093204 10490 – http://yensports.in/.
- PADUKONE SHUTTLERS ACADEMY – Bhaudaji Road – Extention Behind King’s Circle Rly. Stn – 022 2407 3084 – http://padukoneshuttlersacademy.com/.
- The Sports Gurukul – 1st Floor Old Club House – 092203 15243 email@example.com http://www.thesportsgurukul.com/.
- The Coach Crew – Lokhandwala Road – 082916 03380 – firstname.lastname@example.org https://thecoachcrew.com/.
- Mulund Gymkhana – Shahani Colony – Mulund – 022 2163 9046 . email@example.com http://mulundgymkhana.org.in/
- The Chembur Gymkhana – Near Ambedkar Garde – 022 2521 7033 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.chemburgymkhana.com/.
- Sanskruti Arts – JB Nagar – Andheri East – 098330 92312 .
- Shuttle Craze Badminton Academy – Bandra West – 098339 31141 .
- The Bandra Gymkhana – D’Monte Park Rd – Bandra Wes – 022 2642 8512 email@example.com http://www.thebandragym.com/.
- North Indian Association – Vazira Koliwada – Sion Hospital Colony – Sion – 022 2407 3084 – firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.niamumbai.org/
- NEXT LEVEL BADMINTION ACADEMY – AHMEDABAD – 7405093941 .
- AHMEDABAD RACQUET ACADEMY – AHMEDABAD – 8460044222 INFO@RACQUETACADEMY.IN.
- GUJARAT BADMINTION ASSOCIATION – VADODARA – 9825541275 GBASTDESAI@YAHOO.IN .
- SUN BADMINTION ACADEMY – AHMEDABAD – 9106530475 – INFO@SUNSTEP.COM .
- ST Badminton Academy Singapore +65 9232 2562 email@example.com
- Singapore Badminton Association Singapore 63441773 firstname.lastname@example.org
- BG Badminton Academy Singapore 9632 5481 email@example.com
- Be a Champ Singapore +65 9295 9207 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optimum Badminton Academy Singapore +65) 8683-2334 email@example.com
- AT Badminton Centre Singapore 9001 6379 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrows Badminton Academy Singapore +65) 9667 1386 email@example.com
Active SG Singapore 64431787
- Smash Max Singapore +65 81981140 Smashingmaxsg@gmail.com
- Alpha Academy Singapore +65) 9093 5766 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Pohl Badminton Academy Vernon Hills, Illinois +1 847-722-8857 http://www.shannonpohl.com/ email@example.com
- Oregon Badminton Academy Beaverton, Oregon +1 503-430-7861 http://www.orbadminton.com/
- US Badminton Academy Livermore, California +1 925-292-5296 https://usbadmintonacademy.com/
- Synergy Badminton Club Menlo Park, California +1 650-838-9318 http://www.synergybadminton.com/
- CBA Fremont, California +1 510-438-0445 http://www.cabadminton.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- GBA Pomona, California +1 714-767-6455 http://globalbadmintonacademy.com/
- London Badminton Academy London, England +44 7958 717208 http://www.londonbadminton.co.uk/
- National Badminton Centre National Badminton Centre, Bradwell Rd, Loughton Lodge, Great Holm, Milton Keynes MK8 9LA, UK +44 1908 578300 http://nbc.uk.com/
- Badminton School Westbury Rd, Bristol BS9 3BA, United Kingdom +44 117 905 5200 https://www.badmintonschool.co.uk/
- Kego Kuma National Stadium Shinjuku
- CSM20 Badminton 30 Rue Louis Lumière, 75020 Paris, France +33 1 43 70 86 32 http://badminton.csm20.com/
- Australian Badminton Academy 1666 Pacific Hwy, Wahroonga NSW 2076 0421 532 882 email@example.com https://aba08.com.au/contact-us/
- Melbourne Badminton Centre 6-16 Joseph Street, Blackburn North VIC 3130 0402 792 966 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.melbournebadminton.com/contact
- Pro Badminton Academy “Unit 2 & 4
6-16 Joseph St.Blackburn North,
Victoria 3130, Australia” +61 430136 576 email@example.com http://www.probadmintonacademy.com/badminton-training-australia.html
- BAWA PO Box 39, Kingsway WA 6065 08) 9409 4433 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.badmintonwa.org.au/
- Badminton Victoria “Level 1, Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC)
30 Aughtie Driv Albert Park, Victoria, 3206″ +61 3 9686 4777 email@example.com https://www.badmintonvic.com.au/
- Badminton Connect 3 Duerdin Street, Clayton, VIC, 3168 Australia (03) 9558 8839 ENQUIRIES@BADMINTONCONNECT.COM.AU https://www.badmintonconnect.com.au/contact-bc/