Basketball is one of the finest games the world has today. It does not have the provision of playing individually rather it is a team sport. Herein, two teams that generally comprise of five members on each team; play against one another on a court. This court is rectangular in shape.
The goal is to get the ball through a hoop that is situated at a considerable height on a backboard. Each team has its own hoop that is placed on the opponent teams’ side. The goal of the opponent team is to throw and get the ball past the hoop as many times as possible for them to score higher whereas the other team needs to defend their hoop. Every basket means two points taken by the team who secured the basket. There are various other positions that can be used to score and score higher too.
There are a number of terms that are used extensively in a game of basketball. They are as follows:
Blocking literally stands for forced or illegal physical contact on the part of one person who tries to slow down the approach of a person from the other team who is not in possession of the ball.
Dribble stands for the movement of the ball by bouncing it against the court. The moment both hands of the player hold the ball simultaneously; the dribble comes to an end.
Jump Ball is typically when the ball is put to play. The ball is tossed up by the referee of the game, high in the air, between two people; one from each team. At this moment, each opponent tries to snatch or tap the ball in the direction of their teammate. This is usually done to begin the game and at instances, where players of both teams are in possession of the ball at the same time.
Pass simply means the act of throwing or rolling the ball to another member of the game. In this, we have a subdivision of the types of passes that are available to the players. They are as follows:
1) Bounce Pass which is exactly what its name suggests. It is a defensive move by which a player rolls down the ball on the floor to get past the member of the opponent team.
2) Baseball Pass which is similar to a one-hand baseball throw. This involves a ball being thrown from a long distance with utilizing only one hand.
3) Chest Pass involving releasing of the ball in hand from a position which is in front of the chest of the player.
4) Hook Pass which involves passing of the ball by the side or over the head.
5) Roll Pass as the name suggests by rolling in the floor
Pivot: A position wherein the player (who is in possession of the ball) takes a step or two in any direction in order to figure what to do next. But at this moment, his or her other foot (pivot foot) is supposed to stay at the original position which is in contact with the floor.
Pivot Player is another name for the centre player or the post player.
Rebound is more like a cry for help. When both the teams are unable to basket; they put their brains together to get the ball in possession somehow. But in this case, the ball cannot go out of the playing area and shall remain in play.
Turnover refers to the scenario where the player loses possession of the ball in lieu of rule-breaking.
Sounds Interesting so far? Why not join a place that can guide you better and with better amenities? We, at Sports Management Centre, are into providing the best possible infrastructure for team-spirited games like basketball.
With our court following American Basketball court standards, we are sure you will love it here. The court is 15 meters by 29 meters. Various markings on the court floor include a three-point line, centre circle, and free throw lanes that help players as well as the referees to carry out the matches in an orderly manner. The basket is 18 inches in diameter alongside the metal rim of the basket is 10 feet against the floor. The infrastructure is well thought out and in conformity with international standards so that the children get the best facilities and we will continue to put in more efforts so that sports infrastructure is never the reason to lose a potential player.
209. LB Stadium –
210. Gymkhana Grounds –
- 211. Gachibowli – 7306304444 – Keystone Basketball Academy
- 212. Madhapur – 9346676014 – Pushpan Sports Academy
- 213. Kondapur / Chandanagar – PJR Stadium – 9505374396
- KPHB 7Th Phase Ghmc Ground.
- 214. Inderpreet Singh: 9602063150
- 215. Mohan: 9963747471
- 216. Yousufguda – coach Gavin (888) 605-5710
- 217. Sohail Khan: 7569471153, 9866203497
- 218. Srinivas: 9393444823, 9705516607
- Mahesh: 9030603033
- Madhu: 7386800822
- Shankar: 99663851367
- Mr Shiva: 9640151605
- Justin Anugraha: 9848659011
- Game Point -7032777333
- Good Training Academy, Don Bosco High School, Erragadda – 8143396779
- Indira Nagar Basketball Club – Indira Nagar – 9535110609 – firstname.lastname@example.org -Naveen Kumar.
- B7 Sports Academy – Sadashiv Nagar – 9880977477 – email@example.com.
- ABN Academy – Old airport road – 98456 98204 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ekam Sports Arena – Maratahalli – 9845627764 – EkamSportsArena@yahoo.com
- Aryan Sports Coach Academy – Sarjapur – Vasanth Halagi – 9538481355 – email@example.com .
- Professional Basketball Academy – Koramangala – 97315 43932.
- Appayya Basketball Academy – Jaya Nagar – Shashi Kumar – 9945588026 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sniipers Sports Academy – HSR Layout – 9980876677 – email@example.com Nita.
- Talent Sports Academy – Bommanahalli – Praveen Kumar – 9060090012 – firstname.lastname@example.org – .
- Santhosh Sports Academy – Ulsoor – Santhosh – 8025307281 – email@example.com
- Don Bosco Oratory – Indoor Basketball Basketball club – Panaji firstname.lastname@example.org donboscooratory.com/
- GBA M G Road, Panaji 099214 48023 email@example.com http://gbaonline.in/
- Pick Skills Basketball Academy – Modern Convent School – Delhi – New Delhi – 097186 06693 – firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pickskillsbasketball.com/
- Bosco Sports Academy – Paschim Vihar – Delhi – 110087 011 2526 6339
- in2sports Vasant Kunj – New Delhi – 098714 33773 – infoin2sports.in http://in2sports.in/
- RV New Basketball Academy – Dwarka Delhi 075037 67007 http://rvnba.org/
Right To Play Sports Academy 9152759157 email@example.com http://www.righttoplay.in/
Vasant Kunj Sports Complex Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 011 2613 6731
- The Coach Crew Andheri – West Mumbai – 082916 03380 – firstname.lastname@example.org – https://thecoachcrew.com/
- The Sports Gurukul Bhakti Park – Mumbai – 092203 15243 email@example.com – http://www.thesportsgurukul.com/
- Sports Reconnect Vidyavihar Society – Vidyavihar – 087963 86605 firstname.lastname@example.org – http://sportsreconnect.com/
- Elevate sports – Matunga East – Mumbai – 022 2410 6401 – email@example.com www.elevate-india.com
- Unique Sports Academy – Chembur Eas – 096994 54518 .
- Bombay YMCA – Opposite CBI Offi – 022 2202 0079
- Steadfast Sports and Adventure Academy – Gujarat Mandal Road – 098333 82724 firstname.lastname@example.org – http://www.steadfastfootball.com/
- Christ academy Basketball Court – Sector 23 – Kopar Khairane
- Podar Sports Academy – Santacruz West – 099872 29946 http://www.podar.org/sportsacademy.html
- Eklavya Sports Academy – Tulip Bungalow Road – 079 2740 0775
- Sai Sports Training Centre – Sector-15 – Gandhinagar, http://www.sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in/
- AUDA Sports Complex – 079 2754 5051 – http://www.auda.org.in/
- Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Vishwavidya Pratisht – Ahmedabad – 02717 241 991 – http://sgvpsports.org/
- Ahmedabad International Sports Academ – Ahmedabad – 099789 71919 http://www.aisasports.com/
- Ace Tennis Academy Shilaj – 098250 19900 – http://www.acetennisacademy.com/
- All Sports Academy Shilaj, 083477 66625
- Gujarat Sports Academy Ahmedabad, 074900 28287
- SGVP Surya Sports Academy – Ahmedabad – 099099 29049 – http://sports.sgvp.org/
- Aamsaran Rifle & Adventure Sports Academy – Amsaran – 098981 90521 -http://www.arasa.in/
- Axel Sports Academy, Morbi Morbi, 094282 77771 http://www.axelsportsacademy.com/
- MSA Morbi Sports Academy – Madhapar Part – http://www.axelsportsacademy.com/
- Sports Authority Of Gujarat – Gandhinaga – 079 2325 4791 http://www.sportsauthorityofgujarat.in/
- Kerala Basketball Association – Thrissur – 9446030638 email@example.com.
- Regional Sports Centre – Ernakulam – 484-2204068 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Encircle Sports Academy – Kochi – 097446 82598.
- Futurechampz Skating Academy – Nungambakkam – Chennai – 072000 41230 http://www.futurechampz.in.
- Arun Academy- Best Coaching Institute for NEET – Salem – Tamil Nadu – 099949 49322 – email@example.com – https://www.arunacademy.in/
- Shine Sports Promotion Academy – Virukambakkam – Chennai – 089393 93959 firstname.lastname@example.org – http://www.shinesportsacademy.com/index.php